ACLU-WA Development Team Values
We believe in CONNECTION, therefore we will
- Celebrate our successes.
- Encourage social time.
- Value relationships.
- Prioritize having fun together.
- View everything as a team effort.
We believe in INNOVATION, therefore we will
- Challenge our thinking (Preference, Tradition, Requirement).
- Encourage risk taking.
- De-stigmatize failures.
- Learn from our mistakes.
- Encourage creativity.
- Invest time in learning.
We believe in EFFECTIVENESS, therefore we will
- Work to be as efficient and productive as possible.
- Use what we’ve learned from our mistakes to make smarter decisions.
- Work to make the implicit explicit.
- Work to minimize assumptions.
- Over-communicate. (Does not mean TMI!)
- Ensure everyone knows the department goals and their role in reaching them.
- Make time to evaluate our initiatives.
- Be unafraid to change course.
We believe in RESPECT, therefore we will
- Be present with one another and we communicate if we need to be less present.
- Be accountable to each other in order to get the job done.
- Recognize that it takes the efforts of many – supporters and colleagues – in order to accomplish our goals, and we show our gratitude.
We believe in AUTHENTICITY, therefore we will
- Talk about solutions when we share frustrations.
- Treat each other, supporters, and colleagues as whole human beings - meeting people where they are, and practicing kindness.
- Not expect any one person to have all the answers.
- Have flexible expectations and find solutions together, when unexpected things happen. (Life happens.)
- Not expect each other to compartmentalize our identities.
We believe in EQUITY, therefore we will
- Use the race equity lens for all our major decisions.
- Challenge our assumptions about how development work gets done by centering race equity.
- Work to share our race equity learnings with our supporters, meeting them where they are, and inviting them to learn alongside us.